Be Thankful For …
January 6th, 2012 Go to comments
- for the wife who says it’s hot dogs tonight, because she is home with me, and not out with someone else.
- For the husband who is on the sofa being a couch potato, because he is home with me and not out at the bars.
- For the teenager who is complaining about doing dishes because it means she is at home, not on the streets.
- For the taxes i pay because it means i am employed.
- For the mess to clean after a party because it means i have been surrounded by friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means i have enough to eat.
- For my shadow that watches me work because it means i am out in the sunshine for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing because it means i have a home.
- For all the complaining i hear about the government because it means we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot i find at the far end of the parking lot because it means i am capable of walking and i have been blessed with transportation.
- For my huge heating bill because it means i am warm.
- For the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means i can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing because it means i have clothes to wear.
- For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means i have been capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means i am alive.
- And finally, for too much e-mail because it means i have friends who are thinking of me. Live well, laugh often, & love with all of your heart!